COURSE FOR BARISTAS AND PROFESSIONALS CAFFE' ITALIA
Caffè Italia makes available its knowledge and state-of-the-art equipment in introducing professionals to the world of coffee and coffee shops. The course that takes place in the Caffè Italia establishment lasts for about 6-7 hours and is directed to baristas, servers, owners and all professionals in the sector that want to deepen their knowledge and thus improve the service and quality of the product offered in their establishment.
Both theory and practice are presented in the course, with concepts based at a 360° level
on all the coffee production chain, from cultivation to the extraction in the cup.
- The rediscovery of flavors.
- The Espresso: The definition of Espresso, tasting technique and the five ‘M’s.
- The botany of coffee: cultivation and production of coffee in the plantation.
- The Roasting: What does it mean and the reason for roasting coffee.
- The Blends, Single Variety Coffee and Specialty Coffees.
- Why use beans or Pods/Capsules in a bar location.
- Caffeine in coffee and in other daily foods.
- Not only espresso…. Methods of alternative extractions.
- The role of the Barista in today’s bar.
- The Grind: Why grind and the various types of grinders.
- The coffee extraction procedure and grinder control.
- The Cappuccino: Definition of Cappuccino and the five ‘L’s.
- Procedure for whipping milk and Cappuccino.
- Normal cleaning of the equipment.